The Handbook could earn a fee once you purchase by means of hyperlinks on our web site.
For some folks, gluten-free desserts won’t be the very first thing they give thought to with regards to scrumptious desserts. In actuality, this might not be farther from the reality. Merely put, gluten-free desserts are simply as tasty and diversified as any conventional dessert and very true when mixed with a key ingredient — chocolate.
Actually, pure chocolate is of course gluten-free, making this decedent ingredient excellent for quite a lot of gluten-free desserts starting from luscious chocolate truffles to gooey cookies. Right here at The Handbook, we’ve collected three various and distinctive gluten-free chocolate recipes which are assured to fulfill any chocoholic and sweets lover.
Vegan Chocolate Fig Tart
This chocolate fig tart is gluten-free and vegan, making it an ideal dessert for anybody with dietary restrictions. With a crust made out of almond and tapioca flour, this pastry is a superb addition to any vacation dinner or social gathering. As a bonus, it’s additionally a bit wholesome than a standard chocolate tart and a breeze to make. The important thing ingredient for the chocolate filling is JOI Almond Base. JOI is an organization that focuses on making 100% plant milk-based concentrates (almond, oat milk, cashew, and hazelnut). These merchandise are shelf-stable, sustainable, and versatile to any recipe. To make use of, merely add 1 to 2 tablespoons of JOI for each cup of water and blend properly in a blender.
For the Crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- Splash of water
- 1/4cup coconut oil, stable
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup JOI Almond Base
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or substitute honey or brown rice syrup)
- 8 dried figs
- Pinch of salt
- Optionally available: recent figs (halved) and chocolate shavings for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit after which prep the crust. In a mixing bowl, mix almond flour, tapioca flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, pinch of salt and a few tablespoon of water. Combine in a stand mixer till a ball begins to type.
- Place the dough on a flippantly floured floor and type a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate whilst you put together the filling.
- In a meals processor mix cocoa powder, JOI, water, honey (or substitute), and dried figs. Course of till the combination is easy. (Notice: It can have fig seeds in it, which provides a little bit crunch! Embrace it.)
- Take away the crust from the fridge and roll it out to about one-eighth inch in thickness. Press right into a 9-inch tart or pie pan, prick throughout with a fork and bake for 10 to fifteen minutes till barely golden. Permit to chill.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the crust and refrigerate for at the very least quarter-hour, or in a single day. High with recent figs. Get pleasure from!
Chocolate Mint Stuffed Brownie Cookies
This delicious cookie recipe comes courtesy of Alter Eco, a chocolate firm with a ardour for sustainability. All of its merchandise are natural and truthful commerce together with an organization mission that promotes dynamic agroforestry (a kind of regenerative agriculture). The rationale? These sustainable practices not solely enhance the dwelling situation of farmers, it additionally aids to fight local weather change.
This cookie recipe is made with Alter Eco’s new Alter Eco Mint Creme Truffle bar (made with Ecuadorian cacao). Alter Eco describes this new product as “chocolate bar meets chocolate truffle.”
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons butter (vegan or common), softened however not melted
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1 giant egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup flour (gluten-free baking or all-purpose)
- 1/4 cup advantageous almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Alter Eco Mint Creme Truffle bar, lower into half squares
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a big baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mix your butter and coconut sugar till you have got a thick paste.
- Add in your egg and vanilla and whisk properly till easy. Add your remaining dry substances (besides chocolate) and stir to include the flour into the moist combination. If doable, place dough within the fridge or freezer for 15 to twenty minutes to set.
- When able to bake, take a cookie scoop filled with dough, flatten it barely and place a half sq. of Mint Creme chocolate overtop.
- Place one other cookie scoop of dough on prime and gently press to seal across the edges of the chocolate sq.. Place on a baking sheet and prime with one other half-square of chocolate. Repeat with remaining dough, then bake cookies for 10 minutes.
- Take away from the oven, allow them to cool for at the very least 10 minutes and revel in. Makes 12 cookies.
Chocolate Hazelnut Rum Truffles
This recipe is from Taryn of the gluten-free centric meals weblog, Sizzling Pan Kitchen. Based mostly outdoors of Seattle, Taryn is a author, meals photographer, and recipe developer. Her meals is centered round creating scrumptious and healthful gluten-free recipes which are nice for any household.
- 4 ounces chocolate
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1.5 tablespoon rum
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toppings: 1/4 cup every of hazelnuts, cacao powder, and/or coconut flakes
- Chop the chocolate into small items utilizing a big sharp knife and a big reducing board. Place the chocolate right into a medium bowl and put aside.
- Measure out the heavy cream and pour it right into a microwave-safe bowl (or use a microwave-safe measuring cup). Measure the butter and place it within the cream. Microwave on excessive for 30 seconds, till very heat however not boiling. Pour the cream combination over the chocolate and let sit for five to 7 minutes.
- Take a whisk and whisk collectively the cream and chocolate. If the chocolate hasn’t melted all the best way, put it within the microwave for 15 seconds, then stir once more. If wanted, warmth one other 15 seconds within the microwave and stir till no lumps stay.
- Add the rum and vanilla extract into the bowl, then stir with the whisk till totally mixed. The chocolate combination must be skinny and shiny. Stick the bowl within the fridge to relax for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Earlier than you take away the bowl from the fridge, prep the topping substances. Get out your toppings and small plates to place them on. If utilizing hazelnuts, chop them up very advantageous in a meals processor (or with a big sharp knife and reducing board). If utilizing coconut flakes, run them by means of a meals processor to make them extra advantageous. The cacao powder may be put straight right into a dish.
- Place a chunk of parchment or wax paper on a sheet pan (or one other giant flat floor) and put aside.
- After the allotted time, take the bowl of chocolate combination out and contact the chocolate. It must be firmed up however nonetheless tender and barely cheesy to the contact.
- Subsequent, you’ll scoop the chocolate into roughly 1-inch balls. Use a melon baller (or a measuring spoon for 1/2 tablespoon) and scoop out some chocolate. Take a spoon and dig the chocolate out of the melon baller with the spoon. Subsequent use your fingers to around the ball on the spoon as greatest you possibly can earlier than taking it off the spoon to complete rounding and smoothing along with your fingers.
- Take the chocolate ball and place it in one of many plate of toppings. Rigorously roll it round along with your fingers, then place the completed truffle on the parchment paper. Repeat, utilizing the completely different toppings, till the chocolate combination is gone.
- The higher the standard of chocolate you employ for this recipe, the higher they’ll style. I might not advocate utilizing chocolate chips however would as a substitute use a baking chocolate.
- Chances are you’ll need to put 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar in with the coconut flakes once they go within the meals processor to assist them not stick collectively an excessive amount of. It may give you a extra even layer of topping for the truffle.
- If you happen to don’t like your truffles too boozy, reduce the quantity of rum to 1 or 1/2 tablespoon.
- The truffles will maintain for as much as two weeks in a lined container within the fridge.