Spicy Canned Salmon Rice Bowl
This fast and straightforward Sushi-inspired Spicy Canned Salmon Rice Bowl makes a straightforward excessive protein, budget-friendly, 5-minute lunch, nice for meal prep!
Spicy Canned Salmon Rice Bowl
This simple Salmon Rice Bowl is quick and straightforward, made with only a few elements! Salmon salad utilizing canned salmon is the star of the dish served over brown rice (I really like frozen brown rice from Dealer Joes) with diced cucumbers, sriracha, scallions, and furikake or nori. I’m at all times making an attempt to share new, fast lunch concepts that don’t take an excessive amount of time to make. Earlier this week I posted an avocado quinoa salad as a vegetarian lunch possibility. Like tuna, canned salmon is a superb pantry staple for protein, and it’s budget-friendly. Extra canned salmon recipes chances are you’ll like are these Waffled Salmon Desserts, or swap the tuna for salmon on this Mayo-Much less Tuna Pasta Salad.
Salmon Rice Bowl Substances
Listed below are the elements for the salmon salad:
- Salmon: I take advantage of canned wild salmon in water as a result of it’s so handy. If you happen to choose making your personal or utilizing leftover salmon, that works too.
- Sauce: Gentle mayo and sriracha with a pinch of salt mix for a creamy, spicy sauce.
- Scallions: Combine the whites of the scallions in with the salmon.
Beneath is every little thing within the rice bowl:
- Brown Rice: To hurry up this recipe, I take advantage of Dealer Joe’s frozen brown rice, so the entire dish comes collectively in 5 minutes. It’s such an amazing timesaver! You may also make your personal rice or use leftover.
- Cucumber: I just like the crunch from the Persian cucumbers and also you don’t must peel them as a result of the pores and skin is skinny, so it’s even faster to prep! If you need extra veggies, carrots, bell peppers, and avocado would even be good.
- Scallions: High the salad with the greens of the scallions.
- Furikake or Nori: Sprinkle nori or furikake over the rice bowl. Nori is dried seaweed you could crumble over the salad. Furikake is a Japanese seasoning consisting of “sesame seeds, seaweeds, herbs, fish flakes, and salt.” You should purchase it on Amazon if it’s unavailable at your native grocery store.
The way to Meal Prep Salmon Salad Rice Bowl
This wholesome salmon rice bowl is very easy to make. There’s little or no prep in the event you use canned salmon and frozen rice for the reason that scallions and cucumber are the one veggies to cut. You’ll be able to double or quadruple the recipe for meal prep if you’d like leftovers for lunches, which is able to maintain within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
Extra Fast Lunch Recipes You Will Love:
Spicy Canned Salmon Salad Rice Bowl
This fast and straightforward Sushi-inspired Spicy Canned Salmon Rice Bowl makes an amazing budget-friendly, excessive protein lunch!
- 1 5-ounce can skinless wild pink or pink salmon, in water drained
- 1 tablespoons gentle mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce, plus extra for topping
- 2 scallions, white and greens separated
- Pinch kosher salt
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice, heated
- ½ cup chopped cucumber, I take advantage of Persian cucumbers
- Furikake or chopped nori and sesame seeds, for garnish
In a small bowl, mix the salmon, mayonnaise, sriracha, scallion whites and pinch of salt and blend properly.
Within the bowl you intend to serve in, add the rice.
High it with the salmon salad, chopped cucumber, furikake and scallion greens plus extra sriracha if desired.
Serving: 1bowl, Energy: 389kcal, Carbohydrates: 39g, Protein: 25g, Fats: 14g, Saturated Fats: 1.5g, Ldl cholesterol: 65mg, Sodium: 757mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 4g
Key phrases: canned salmon, canned salmon recipes, simple lunch, wholesome simple lunch concepts, lunch concepts