He could presumably be a Grammy award profitable singer, however he’s additionally a dab hand within the kitchen.
Gregory Porter shares a single of his all time favorite recipes with us – his pan seared curried salmon with mango slaw.
Pan seared curried salmon fillet with mango coleslaw
For the salmon
Near 500g centre reduce fillet of salmon, pores and pores and skin on
1 tsp mild to medium curry powder
4 garlic cloves, minced
For the sauce
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp curry powder
100ml coconut milk
Juice of 1 lime
For the slaw
125g thinly sliced pink cabbage
50 % a pink pepper, diced
80g pomegranate seeds
80g grated carrots
200g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
50 % a ripe mango diced into modest cubes
Compact bunch refreshing mint, finely sliced
Compact bunch up to date flat leaf parsley, finely sliced
30ml wild rocket, embody on the finish
For the dressing
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp mayonnaise
Juice of a single lime
Salt and Pepper
1. Heat a hefty primarily based cast iron or non-adhere frying pan. Drizzle oil above the salmon pores and pores and skin, then ranking the pores and pores and skin making use of a kind knife. Mud with curry powder, then rub the garlic into the salmon.
2. Insert 1 tbsp oil to the pan, then enhance the salmon, pores and pores and skin facet down. Cook dinner dinner for about 3 – 4 minutes, or till finally the pores and pores and skin is crisp. Cautiously flip the fish above and prepare dinner for an extra extra 3- 4 minutes, till finally simply cooked on account of. Put aside to leisure for 7- 8 minutes.
3. To make the sauce, warmth the butter in a bit of pan, insert the curry powder and brown off barely, then add the coconut milk and simmer proper till the sauce has thickened. Stir within the lime juice.
4. Make the dressing in a bowl – combine with one another the mayo, maple syrup, lime juice and season. Insert to the salad and toss collectively.
5. Drizzle the sauce above the salmon and serve with the slaw.